It’s been a crazy couple of weeks around The Hermitage that necessitated a short break from writing and editing. Thought I’d bring you a Hermitage update.
- Completed our move to The Hermitage, our full time retreat
- Completed construction on our workshop
- Completed half of our trim carpentry in the house
- Installed a doggie door for daughter #3’s pet…still haven’t figured out what you’re supposed to hunt with a purse dog
- Finished up some light fixture installations in the house
- Built food storage area in the house to expand the pantry
- General cleanup both around the house and the workshop…salvaged a lot of materials for future projects
- First deer hunt on the hermitage
- Went shooting with son-in-law #1 and new extended family
- Hosted daughter #1 and son-in-law for a week
On top of all that we celebrated Thanksgiving and married off daughter #2 to a great guy who I’m proud to call son-in-law #2. What the new son-in-law lacks in practical skills he makes up for in common sense and being willing to lend a hand…not to mention that he treats my daughter like a princess and is a hell of a good shot…both great survival skills.
What a great few weeks! Back to our regular schedule later this week!