It seems that some of those adults charged with the “higher education” of America’s youth are hell bent on miseducating our children into perpetual toddlerhood. Not only are our children being taught that feelings are the only barometer of right and wrong but they are also being taught that there is no dishonor in trampling the rights of others. Additionally, sensitivities in these infantilized adults are intentionally being heightened to such an extent that they would have left our ancestors quivering in puddles of their own urine instead of carving the land of the [formerly] free and the home of the [formerly] brave out of a continent of wilderness. What follows are the Top 10 Examples of Miseducating Young Adults Into Children from the past few weeks.
- Melissa Click of the University of Missouri who insisted that she needed “… some muscle over here” to prevent a journalist from reporting on a public demonstration taking place in a public place.
- The master of Yale’s Pierson College said his title reminds distressed students of slavery.
- Wesleyan University’s student government threatened the budget of the school newspaper over a column critical of campus’ leftists.
- A Washington State University professor indicated that she would lower the grade of any student who described those who immigrate to the U.S. in violation of U.S. immigration law as “illegal immigrants.”
- Another Washington State professor’s syllabus for “Introduction to Multicultural Literature” states that white students should demonstrate their “grasp of history and social relations” by “deferring to the experiences of people of color.”
- Another Washington State syllabus for “Women & Popular Culture,” threatened failure for those students who use derogatory or oppressive language such as “referring to women/men as females or males.”
- The University of Tennessee’s Office for Diversity and Inclusion suggested replacing problematic pronouns such as “he, she, him, & her” with gender-neutral terms such as “ze, hir, xe, xem, or xyr”.
- The University of California system’s sensitivity auditors declared the statements “I believe the most qualified person should get the job” and “America is the land of opportunity” as “hostile” and “derogatory.”
- The University of Wisconsin at Stevens Point’s list of racial microaggressions includes “America is a melting pot” and “There is only one race, the human race.”
- Mount Holyoke College canceled its production of “The Vagina Monologues” because it was considered insufficiently inclusive of women without vaginas…meaning men who ‘feel’ like they should be women.
Thanks to George Will for compiling the above list and more in his article, America’s higher education brought low.